Conduct research to address the following:
- Calculate the 2006 all cause age-adjusted mortality rates for males and females for the United States using the direct andindirect method of age adjustment.
- Calculate the 2006 all cause age-adjusted mortality rates for males and females for the state in which you live using the direct andindirect method of age adjustment.
- Compare the calculated 2006 age-adjusted mortality rates in males and females between the United States and the state in which you live. Write a one line interpretation of the rate.
Your paper should:
- be 1-2 pages in length.
- properly cite research sources.
- show how you calculated your answers.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.
Direct versus Indirect Method of Adjustment
Direct method - Assume that the observed population had the same distribution of characteristics as the reference population. Apply the experience of the observed population to the reference population. Direct age adjustment methods apply age specific rates or the experience from study populations to an age distribution from a reference population.
However, when age-specific rates are unavailable in the study populations, we use the indirect method of adjustment.
Indirect method - Assume that the observed population had the experienceof the reference population. Apply the experience of the reference population to the observed population. The indirect method uses the age specific rates from a reference population to derive the expected number of cases or deaths in the study populations.
Experience = morbidity rate or mortality rate
Characteristics = age, gender, …
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.