Prompt for Synthesis Essay #1 (100pts)
First and foremost, your essay should not be a summary of the articles, films or class lectures. This assignment requires you to critically analyze the course material and demonstrate an understanding of the anthropological perspective.
Throughout the past 3 weeks we have learned new anthropological terms, concepts and theories. We have read various articles and watched films that demonstrate how an anthropological perspective is used to approach the diversity of beliefs, values and practices in regard to topics we will engage throughout the rest of the course. Your essay should demonstrate this understanding by making connections between the authors’ discussions, films and lectures. In other words, put all the material in conversation around an anthropological understanding of how our culturally constructed worldview provides a lens through which we understand and experience being human.
The following terms and concepts must be included in your essay:
2. Comparative method
3. Culture (Defined)
5. Cultural Relativism
6. Social/Cultural Construction
7. Naturalized beliefs
The following course material must be included in your essay:
1. Body Ritual Among the Nacerima –Miner Article
2. A Very Bad disease of the Arms—Kearney
3. Introductory Cultural Anthropology---Corrmeir
5. Lecture material where appropriate
Mechanics of Paper Composition
1. The Paper must be turned in by Sept. 15th through the “Turnitin” link on Cougar Course.
2. Paper length must be at least 1000 words but no more than 1200.
3. Proof read and correct your paper carefully before submitting it. Errors of spelling, grammar, typing, etc. can lead to errors of interpretation on the part of the instructor. Typos and other errors are unpleasant to read and convey the impression of sloppy work and careless thinking.
4. Your paper will receive comments liberally regarding style, logic, organization, sentence structure, grammar, syntax, spelling, neatness, and other matters.
7. Please refer to grading rubric for specific point evaluations.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.