Topic: Preparedness, response and recovery activities, and programs in disaster response or disaster recovery (See Disasters
Literature Review and Variables
In support of the Capstone Research Project, complete a literature review and identify your research variables. Prior to completing this week’s assignment watch the video Hypothesis 101 (and other Social Science concepts) (the discussion on variables begins at 4:40and goes through 15:05) to understand the process for identifying variables and the relationship between the hypothesis and variables (transcript available here). Then read Chapters 3, 5, and 7 of Empirical Political Analysis.
Craft an original research hypothesis that will prove or
disprove your research question approved in Week 1. This will be
the focus of your research for the Capstone Research Project. You
must clearly state your hypothesis in a standalone statement. You
must further discuss the hypothesis and reasoning for the
hypothesis in a follow-on paragraph. Be sure to address how the
hypothesis is related to your research question. Then, for your
selected research hypothesis, identify three research variables
which you believe will answer, confirm, or refute your research
hypothesis and answer your research question. Each of these
research variables should be listed in a standalone statement
(i.e., Research Variable #1: XXXXX). Be sure to determine if they
are independent or dependent variables. Explain how your research
variable relates to your hypothesis. Identify how each of the three
research variables will be measured in order to confirm or deny
your research hypothesis.
In the second part of your paper provide an annotated bibliography that accurately describes your literature review for the Capstone Research Project. Identify five of the eight required resources (scholarly, government, or professional resources), other than the course textbook, that you will use to research and evaluate your research variables and utilize to confirm or deny your research hypothesis. Remember, at least five of your resources for the Capstone Research Project must be found in the Ashford University Library. (Be sure to note those resources you found in the Ashford University Library.) For each of the resources identified, describe in two to three sentences how the resource supports your research.
The Literature Review and Variables paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA styleas outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sourcestable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.