You are the Information Security Officer at a small software
company. The organization currently utilizes a Microsoft Server
2008 Active Directory domain administered by a limited number of
over-tasked network administrators. The remainder of the
organization comprises mostly software developers and a relatively
small number of administrative personnel. The organization has
decided that it would be in its best interest to use a public key
infrastructure (PKI) to provide a framework that fosters
confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and nonrepudiation.
Email clients, virtual private network products, Web server
components, and domain controllers would utilize digital
certificates issued by the certificate authority (CA).
Additionally, digital certificates would be used to sign software
developed by the company to demonstrate software authenticity to
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Identify and analyze the fundamentals of PKI.
2. Analyze positive and negative characteristics of a Public and In-house CA.
3. Provide a sound recommendation for either a Public CA or an In-house CA.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain how businesses apply cryptography in maintaining information
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in information
• Write clearly and concisely about network security topics using proper
writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.