In this discussion, you will evaluate a research question and determine how that question might best be analyzed. To do this, you will need to identify the appropriate application of course specified statistical tests, examine assumptions and limitations of course specified statistical tests, and communicate in writing critiques of statistical tests.
A researcher wishes to study the effect of a new drug on blood pressure. Consider and discuss the following questions as you respond:
- Would you recommend using a z-test, a t-test, or an ANOVA for the analysis? Explain your answer.
- What would your choice of test depend on? For the test you select, explain your design and your comparison groups.
- Would the hypothesis be directional or non-directional?
- Would the test be one-tailed or two-tailed?
- What would be the null and what would be the alternative hypothesis?
Guided Response: Review your classmates’ posts. Respond to at least three of your classmates. Do you agree or disagree with the test selected by your peer? How does the number of groups being compared affect the statistical analysis? What suggestions would you make for change or improvement? Why would these suggestions potentially be more useful?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.