Directions: Read the questions below and formulate a response to each that is at least one hundred words in length. Please cite the textbook and external resources to support your answer (Wikipedia sources are not permitted). List each resource used at the end of paper in the reference list section. Please remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
1. Describe two methods used by anthropologists to study culture change.
2. Explain how and why tradition can be a serious barrier to culture change.
3. What two things did the caseworker do correctly when he tried to introduce the new hybrid corn to the community in New Mexico?
4. How was tradition a barrier to culture change for the Raikas?
5. List and describe three common negative outcomes of development projects.
6. What are three central concepts in anthropology that can be used in applied situations to give a new perspective on problems and issues?
7. What do business people typically mean when they use the term corporate culture?
8. What did research by medical anthropologists reveal about the folk disease called “susto”?
9. Discuss two successful strategies that were part of Gerald Murray’s program for reforestation in Haiti.
10. What do applied anthropologists do?
PART II: Journal #1
Using a minimum of two resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to present an argument to support the thesis that cultural barriers to change are the most important barriers. Support your argument with speciﬁc examples from the cases presented here and in other course assignments.
PART III: Journal #2
Using a minimum of two resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to examine how an understanding of the culture concept can be useful in solving problems in business, health care, and development programs. Cite and discuss a speciﬁc real time example.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.