For this summative assessment of the course, you will be writing a case report. There are several reasons behind this assignment. Probably the most important for you is that employers are looking for graduates who can complete and communicate successfully complex analyses. One without the other is “only a resounding gong or clanging cymbal” (1 Cor. 13:1, NIV). Writing this case report will also prepare you for your capstone course.
Your written report should convince the reader your recommended course of action will result in the optimum outcome for the organization. It should answer the questions of what, how, and why and follow this basic structure.
- Executive Summary – a brief summary of the current situation, your key recommendations, and expected outcomes.
- Introduction – a clear description of the key challenges or decisions to be addressed. A concise, focused problem statement will set the tone for the reader and operate as a guide for the remainder of the report.
- Analysis – identification, and diagnosis of events leading to the current situation and its need for resolution. This section will include all alternatives that are considered and outline the decision criteria for selection of the final recommendation.
- Action Plan – outlines a sequence of steps that must occur in order to execute your recommendation. Identify the resources needed to execute your plan and a timeline for implementation.
- Performance Plan – outlines the ways the organization will know the recommended action has accomplished its desired result. Includes metrics the organization might monitor to measure the outcome.
- Conclusion – return to the introduction and succinctly draw the case to a close based on your analyses and planning.
* adapted fromHow to Write a Case Study Report: Knowledge for Action by Steven Schulz
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking through critical analysis.
- Integrate organization mission, vision, objectives, and priorities into the strategic planning process.
- Plan strategies for overcoming obstacles.
- Evaluate information to support decisions or recommendations.
- Bible: www.biblegateway.com
- Website: OCLS
- Textbook: Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare (2 nded.)
- Read Coastal Medical Center Comprehensive Case Study in the text.
- You are the CEO of Coastal Medical Center providing leadership for the joint venture with physicians to build an ambulatory surgery center (see Special Projects section of the CMC case study).
- Write a 4-6 page case study report addressing the following:
- How would you fund, build a staff, and supply a new ambulatory surgery center while still running a hospital?
- What level of care would be provided in your business plan?
- How much charity care should be provided and can be afforded?
- How would you address IT, HIPAA, economics, staffing, patient medical delivery quality protocols, and problems in the healthcare environment?
- Your case study report should have the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Action Plan
- Performance Plan
- Review the rubric your instructor will use to evaluate your work. Self-assess your assignment using the rubric and make improvements as needed to meet the expectations and to ensure your work fulfills all the requirements.
- When you’ve completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.