Teaching Tool for Group Philosophy Instructions
The instructor will assign you to 1 of 6 groups. Each group will be designated to become familiar with 1 of the 6 educational philosophies listed below. Some of the philosophies have been labeled by 2 names because both are extremely compatible.
1. Neo-Scholasticism *
5. Reconstructionism/Critical Pedagogy
* Regarding Neo-Scholasticism, your textbook does not use this term, but it is the same as the beliefs of Thomas Aquinas. Therefore, it is sometimes referred to as “Thomism.”
Your goal in this assignment is to create a teaching tool that would help others learn about the core tenets of the educational philosophy of your group. You must include 3 citations from 3 sources. Wikipedia cannotbe used as a source. Include a current APA cover page with your submission.
Before creating your teaching tool, prepare by becoming as familiar with the group’s assigned philosophy as possible. Suggestions include:
· Read everything your textbook has to say about your assigned group’s philosophy.
· Visit several websites on the topic.
· Check out a book from the library on the philosophy of education and look for a chapter explaining your group’s philosophy.
Suggestions for teaching tools:
· Create a handout that conveys the main ideas of the philosophy.
· Make a traditional outline of the key concepts.
· Draw a graphic organizer or semantic map showing how concepts relate to one another.
· Make a glossary of key terms that are important to understand.
· Chart ideas in columns, Venn diagrams, or pictorial form in a PowerPoint slide, Microsoft Publisher, or PowerPoint.
· Develop a mnemonic device and explain it.
· Develop a PowerPoint Presentation.
Note:This assignment will be shared with classmates in Module/Week 2 in Group Discussion Board Forum 1.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 1.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.