We can learn a lot by examining what went wrong in chemical/industrial accidents. The assignment is to research your assigned accident from the list below and to prepare a three-five page report (1.5 line space, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins). Your report should provide the following information:
- a bit of background information on the company involved
- the location of the accident
- the facts surrounding the accident (who, what, where, when, why and how), Be very specific on the probable cause of the accident and reasons for number of injuries/fatalities, ie.Reactions involved? Safety system failure? Operator error? Engineering design flaws? Corrosion of materials?
- the effects of the accident (human and financial)
- some pictures if you can find them
- findings of whatever investigative bodies reviewed the accident
- what was learned from the accident (how can an event such as this be prevented in the future?)
- What specific changes in design, control, operation, training and/or regulation do you recommend based on your findings?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.