There are dozens of accounting and financial membership organizations. Some of these include:
How would membership in one of these organizations benefit you? Think about what you want to do long-term. Do you want to be a general accountant? Are you interested in a specific industry, such as healthcare? Are you interested in forensic accounting? How about cost accounting? Auditing? Taxes? Management Accounting?
For Project 3, select one (1) of the above organizationsand write a 1-2 page paper in which you:
- Identify your long-term goals or the area of accounting/finance you find most interesting.
- Explain how the organization you selected could help you achieve your long-term goals or interests.
- Describe any activities and/or opportunities that the organization you selected offers that could benefit you now.
- Identify activities and/or opportunities that the organization you selected offers that could benefit you in the future.
- Determine if there is a student membership price to join the organization you selected. Identify the costs involved and compare student membership rates to regular membership rates.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe and evaluate the importance of the professional environment of financial accounting, the functions of related organizations such as the SEC, the AICPA, the FASB and its predecessors, and the creation of Financial Accounting Standards, the conceptual framework, and other sources of GAAP.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in intermediate accounting.
- Write clearly and concisely about intermediate accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric .
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.