Assignment: Strategic Value of Employee Benefits
To attract, motivate, and retain good workers, companies need to
define what an employee wants from the employment relationship. One
way to define employee needs is to consider “total rewards,” which
are everything an employee perceives to be of value resulting from
working for the company. Benefits are a core element of total
rewards and the ever-growing package of offerings have evolved. You
must now work with the company to define precisely where the
various programs will be categorized.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Identify and discuss at least three (3) important variables that almost always should be considered by organizations when providing employee benefits programs. Be sure the response is specific and relevant.
- Compare and contrast income protection programs and pay for time not worked programs, both of which are usual elements of benefits programs. How are the programs similar? Are they mandatory?
- Research and discuss at least four to five (4-5) of what may be referred as “ Other Benefits” that you could recommend to the management team as necessary elements for the benefits package. HINT: Flextime and product/service discounts are good examples.
- Develop an employee benefits package for any exempt or
non-exempt position level (ADMIN ASSISTANT)of your
making sure you support the selection of your program
The preferred method for presenting your benefits package
information is using a table or exhibit, but either approach is not
- Format your assignment according to these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment (with running head), the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length. Use the Strayer University Library at https://research.strayer.edu to locate additional sources to support your work.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.