As Chapter 9 of your text discusses how portfolios are used to develop a holistic picture of a child’s abilities. As a teacher, your role in portfolio assessment is a vital one, but as Wortham (2012) discusses, so is a child’s parent. For this journal entry, reflect on the importance of portfolio assessment in the classroom or childcare center.
- How does this type of assessment support you as the caregiver
or teacher in your quest to ensure growth?
- Also, what are some ways that you can include parents in the
portfolio assessment process, and why is this important for you as
a teacher or caregiver?
- How will you involve children in the portfolio process?
- Lastly, how will you ensure parents see what is in the child’s portfolio?
- Written reflection journal.
- Create a Voki.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.